With the emergence of online marketing and shopping,there arise the need to be able to pay for goods and services online with out going through the stress of going to banks and other financial institutions for money transfers. This need gave birth to PAYPAL and other online payment platforms. But we are not going to be focusing on how to pay for goods and services online but our focus is going to be how to create the online payment platform account and make money with them.
Yes you can make some cool cash online and get paid to your paypal account or payoneer account while in Nigeria,you can also sell your services online and get paid directly to your paypal or payoneer account.
WHAT IS PAYPAL?
PayPal is the world’s number one online money transfer platform and is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide to send and receive money. For years, PayPal had basically shut Nigeria out due to our notoriety for Internet-related fraud. As fraud detection techniques improved as well as Nigeria’s notion as the largest economy in Africa, PayPal has now lifted restrictions on Nigeria. Owning a PayPal account is quite simple and you can do that in two ways.
- First thing you do is to go to www.paypal.com/ng
- Click on signup…select personal or business
- Personal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card (if you have one). I suggest you click personal if this is your first time.
- After selecting personal, click continue…you should see “Nigeria” in the drop down area, your email address and password.
- Fill in your email address (doesn’t have to be Gmail or yahoo. It could be @yourcompanyname)
- Type in your password and make sure it is one you can remember
- Go to the next page and type other details such as names, date of birth, address and phone number.
- Also when filling in your address, make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
- It takes you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
- Type in your card number, expiry date and the last three digits behind your debit card.
- Go to your email account and click on verify
- Voila!! Your account is set up
- Test it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
- You get debited in naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
Using a wallet
First Bank offers this option through their exclusive deal with PayPal. How does this work?
- Simply login in to your Internet banking account using your password and token
- Choose the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “create PayPal wallet” on the drop down menu
- Select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card. Try using one card for easy reconciliation
- Press the button on your online token and confirm accordingly
- Create a password in the pop up window that appears
- Click on “agree and create account”.
- Go to your registered email account with the bank which confirms that you have created a PayPal account
With paypal you can pay for online goods and services, you can even start earning some cool cash online using your paypal wallet
click the follow button to follow this blog and get outstanding info on how to make money online.
My next post is going to be how to link your paypal account to your payoneer account and receive your money here in Nigeria via your ATM.